Here’s a little recap of my last few weeks:
- 8/6/13: I attended the Wear Your Hair In Style at BaubleBar event hosted by Krystal of The Feisty House and Cynthia of Addicted to Etsy. It was a very laid back time to chat with other naturals while sipping cocktails and trying on jewels. I also ran into Danie of Danie and The Bloom and got to meet YouTuber Tina of MissT1806, amongst many other virtual hair friends!
- 8/9/13: My fashion blogger friend Francisca of Fancy-Francy.com was featured as the Fashionista of the month. Check out her fashion tips and hair secrets!
- 8/10/13: I had the pleasure of hosting the Hair Education event at Carol’s Daughter in Harlem, NY, and posted some of my favorite photos on my Instagram account. More photos can be found on the Facebook page.
- 8/13/13: In preparation for my trip to Kenya, I put in some Havana Twists using the invisible root method and the Fingercomber hair from my salon installation at the beginning of the year. You can find a tutorial on the site as well as a YouTube video on my channel.
- 8/17/13: Our first Fitness and Health feature comes from my friend Janice, who played college basketball and manages to keep herself, and her twist outs, in fantastic shape.
- 8/20/13: I did a simple bun and bang updo on my Havana twists using just a few bobbi pins. Expect a video tutorial once I return to the US next week.
So what was the fan favorite?
My Havana twists have been a crowd pleaser both online and in person! They’re definitely my favorite hairstyle as well, they are light, incredibly easy to maintain, and now, I’ve discovered they’re easy to install! My Nappy Dictionary t-shirt is from Global Couture, a natural-hair apparel and accessories company that was be featured on the site last Friday, and is sponsoring an awesome giveaway of one of their hair accessories!